Telekom Healthcare Solutions
News

Deutsche Telekom customer ATEGRIS named digital champion

13.08.2019

  • Digital prize: Focus Money selects ATEGRIS hospitals as its number 1
  • Establishments using Deutsche Telekom’s hospital information system
  • Tablets to replace paper
The Protestant hospitals in Oberhausen (EKO) and Mülheim (EKM) are fully set on digitalization and have now been named Germany’s digital champions. Both establishments belong to the ATEGRIS group and have been using hospital information system iMedOne® for over 15 years. Thanks to it, the two hospitals count among the digital pioneers in their sector. The survey was carried out by Deutschland Test, a brand of Focus Money. The Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI) provided academic support.
The 10,000 biggest companies were surveyed to identify Germany’s digital champion. It involved companies from more than 70 different sectors. “This title confirms that we are on the right path and that we’ve chosen the correct strategy,” says ATEGRIS chairman Martin Große-Kracht. “Digitalization has been firmly established with us for 15 years.”
ATEGRIS is supported by Telekom Healthcare Solutions. The T-Systems subsidiary has been furthering digitalization in both hospitals through the application of iMedOne. Mark Düsener, head of the healthcare unit at Deutsche Telekom, says, “More and more hospitals in Germany are using iMedOne. With it, digitalization is replacing paper. We are very pleased to hear about our partner ATEGRIS’ award. It shows us that we are on the right path with our hospital information system.” iMedOne has since been introduced at around 230 German hospitals to support their digitalization.

More time for patients

Above all, ATEGRIS won due to its having implemented an end-to-end hospital information system. Thanks to iMedOne, all hospital operations can be handled digitally. This includes, for example, patient and document management, invoicing, and treatment planning. Programs are also able to warn of possible interactions between a patient’s medications.
Ausgezeichnete Digitalisierung im Krankenhaus: Telekom-Kunde ATEGRIS ist im Deutschland Test von Focus Money „Digital Champion“.
Mary Ann Meixner, head nurse at EKM, says, “We are saving a significant amount of time and work. Visit and note entries can be seen by everyone instantly. Doubling up work is now a thing of the past thanks to digitalization.” The hospital group is planning to introduce tablets in the future for nurses. All work will be documented in the system.

The Deutschland Test brand

Deutschland Test is a brand of Focus Money Redaktions-GmbH. The tests make offers more transparent and easier to compare. The digital champion was determined based on analyses from online sources. The survey period was January 1 to December 31, 2018.
Deutschland Test gathered all positive mentions available of ATEGRIS online on the subject of digitization. The results accounted for 60 percent of the assessment, while the remaining 40 percent resulted from the questionnaire on digitalization which was filled out by each of the companies.