Central patient management is the basis of optimal support for administrative processes, timely billing of hospital services, and efficient cost control. It enables you to react swiftly and efficiently to changing healthcare market requirements.
Modular structure – Adaptable to meet demand
The Patient Management module is a part of the open, extendable SAP for Healthcare platform with its comprehensive integration of central ERP components such as inventory management, financial accounting, and controlling. SAP Patient Management provides patient-oriented functions for the administrative management of inpatient and outpatient customers, basic medical documentation, patient billing, and in-house and external communication with, for examples, clinical subsystems and health insurers.
All patient-related data is stored centrally, ensuring swift access to information regardless whether you are at your workplace. Data redundancy is also reduced, laying the groundwork for a secure and stable system.
The SAP system consists of different components that can be assembled and adjusted as required.
The benefits at a glance
- Personalized, role-based working environments for user groups
- Spot-on access to patient-related data and data maintenance as a part of medical and clinical processes in connection with other integrated clinical applications
- Management of patient-related services as the basis for controlling and reporting
- Future-proof, flexibly adaptable billing functions
- Efficient business processes by means of integrated financial and materials planning (ERP system), such as for accounting, advance and additional payments, detailed controlling, material requisitioning and consumption documentation
- Full integration into reporting across SAP (SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence)
- Support for e-health scenarios (IHE, Enterprise Services)
Several years of collaboration with SAP on the development of SAP Patient Management have enabled Telekom to a high level of flexible customized adaptation of SAP standards. In hospitals with several hundred beds, university hospitals, and hospital groups SAP Patient Management has developed into one of the leading patient management systems. The facts speak for themselves; make use of the benefits.