In early 2012, this pilot project was rolled out as a standard service. In the first phase, this Telekom project will explore how ICT systems can be used to emulate and support the tasks and heterogeneous structures of the SOPC team, comprised of a core team plus associated partners, using the electronic patient record. To gage the extent to which such technology-assisted approaches may be extended to other areas, the project is being academically monitored by Witten/Herdecke University as part of a thesis, with the active support of both parties.
At a glance.
- Innovation project by Telekom and Portavita to support new forms of patient care using the highly complex field of palliative care as an example
- Use of a web-based, electronic patient record for a digitized representation of the paper-based care process
- The patient record streamlines the documentation process for doctors and nursing staff and improves the care of terminally ill patients in their familiar home environment
- Intelligent networking helps to close any care gaps and information deficits
- Scientific evaluation of the project will highlight opportunities for improving the patient care landscape with ICT