IT-BASED INVOICE PROCESSING
Day-to-day invoice processing consists of manual work, such as making copies and adding approval information. Even with great effort, transparency about the state of approvals is often difficult to achieve. Dispersed locations, for example, mean long approval paths, which is detrimental to meeting discount periods. With our solution for automated invoice processing, incoming invoices are processed on a daily basis with automated support. The most critical advantages are:
- Accelerated process flows, reduced costs
- Short learning curve for staff
- Little effort for adaptation and maintenance when introduced
- High detection rates at the field and receipt levels
- Reduces administrator workload for time-consuming routine work
- Minimizes manual effort
- Increases throughput
- Substantially reduces processing times
- Optimizes financial controlling and payment management
PROCESSING INVOICES DIGITALLY
We provide support for the digitalization of your processes. The electronic capture and processing of incoming invoices is one example of this. The usual process of manually capturing and approving supplier invoices is very complicated and associated with high personnel costs.
- Using the consultant invoicing application, it is also possible to automatically determine the cost centers and case numbers of patients from an invoice, and to filter out private patients.
- By integrating an archival system with a certified SAP® ArchiveLink interface, all invoice-processing documents can be stored with revision control.
DIGITALLY PREPARING RECEIPTS
Incoming invoices and any included attachments are digitalized by means of a scanner. Invoices in PDF format are fed into the process as an email attachment via a centralized email account. Documents in the ZUGPFeRD format can also be processed.
AUTOMATED INVOICE READING
The invoice reader imports scanned images (e.g., from Scanclient or the email account), validates the information, and reads it into a knowledge database. Invoices are read outside of the SAP® system in order to avoid tying up resources.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR INVOICES
Invoices associated with a case can be processed using the contractor invoice function. This makes it possible to automatically determine cost centers or case numbers from the invoice for a particular patient, and to filter out private patients.
CENTRALIZED INVOICE MONITOR
Creditor accounting controls all incoming invoices in the incoming invoice book (the invoice monitor) from a central location. It provides automated post-processing of incoming invoices that were received as OCR, EDI, or email and PDF into the SAP® system.
EXTERNAL INVOICE REVIEW
Invoice review saves the necessary documents for invoice approval (such as proof of services and delivery notes)—outside of SAP® as a web application, so no additional user licenses for SAP® are required for the review process.
Incoming invoices can be saved with revision control in a digital archiving system via a certified SAP® ArchiveLink interface. This solution reduces the workload on employees from financial accounting, pharmacy, purchasing, and patient management.
Three questions for Rahul Butta and Michael Waldbrenner
Patients expect an integrated treatment record, say Rahul Butta of Deutsche Telekom Healthcare & Security Solutions GmbH and Michael Waldbrenner, Deutsche Telekom Clinical Solutions GmbH, in their interview.Read more