Together with Sony Mobile Communications, Telekom Healthcare Solutions is a healthcare IT provider that brings Medical Asset Tracking to hospitals. Bluetooth technology enables retrofitting of existing devices and makes exact localization possible.
- Real-time tracking system for the localization of medical equipment
- Visualization of locations and motion analysis
- Fast access from all mobile devices and desktop PCs
- More efficient use of time and staff
- Reduced time spent searching for medical devices
- Reduced legwork due to optimized relocation
- Better patient service by avoiding unnecessary waiting times
- Increased efficiency by increasing usage time of medical devices
- More efficient staff deployment
- Increased patient throughput due to improved device availability
SMART DEVICES ARE ALWAYS ON THE RADAR
Whether it’s ultrasound devices, patient monitors or beds – all smart devices and objects in the hospital automatically send their Medical Asset Tracking data to the highly secure cloud environment via a WiFi infrastructure.
- Cloud operation by Deutsche Telekom under the highest IT security and data protection requirements according to EU law
- Heatmap visualization via hospital staff mobile devices
- More efficient use of time and resources and more effective processes, such as reduced legwork and shorter waiting times
ALL LOCATIONS IN VIEW
Equipping medical inventory with BLE sensor technology, known as beacons, enables location and status information to be tracked digitally and in real time: rapid access via mobile devices and desktop PCs, location tracking and motion analysis, visualization via intuitive heat maps.
EFFICIENT RESOURCE USAGE
Recent tests by Telekom Healthcare Solutions show that specialists spend up to 33 percent of their time searching for equipment. Medical Asset Tracking overcomes this problem: more efficient use of time and staff, better patient care and reduced waiting times.
In asset tracking, all smart devices automatically send their data via a WiFi infrastructure to the highly secure cloud environment operated by Deutsche Telekom, complying with the highest IT security and data protection requirements under European law.
Telekom Healthcare Solutions is working with Sony Mobile Communications to establish Medical Asset Tracking. Telekom has complemented the core functionality of Sony's location service with long-standing industry expertise and access to the healthcare sector, and is constantly developing the solution – together with customers and with a focus on practical requirements.
Three questions for Rahul Butta and Michael Waldbrenner
Patients expect an integrated treatment record, say Rahul Butta of Deutsche Telekom Healthcare & Security Solutions GmbH and Michael Waldbrenner, Deutsche Telekom Clinical Solutions GmbH, in their interview.Read more